Great opportunities never have ‘great opportunity’ in the subject line.
Full-time Jobs || Internships || Project-based Work
Here's what you need to know to determine whether this event is for you.
Types of Companies
The Startup Talent Showcase consists of a mixture of:
Young, early-stage, pre-revenue startups
High-growth, cutting-edge technology firms
Corporate innovation labs
Working at a startup is not a traditional career path. Startups are fast-paced and ever-evolving. To be successful at a startup means being comfortable with ambiguity less structure than a corporate environment and having the willingness to take on what needs to get done.
3 Core Qualities of a Successful Candidate (in this order):
1) Attitude - Point me in the direction, I'll get it done
2) Aptitude - I'll pick up the skills & knowledge needed quickly and with little to no hand holding
3) Experience - I've been here before, I know what it's like, and I want to leverage those experiences into a new role
How It Works:
1) The STS is open for the following types of job candidates:
Students seeking internships
Junior professional looking to make the next move
Seasoned Executives looking to lead, run and grow an organization
Part time/Contractors who want project-based work
2) Register yourself for the event
Click here to register to the event - it only takes about 3 minutes
3) Create your 1-minute pitch
Practice what you'll say to the room on the event day - you'll have 60 seconds to show your stuff!
4) Network after the event
After the showcase, you get to network, mingle and event interview on-the-spot with awesome companies that are hiring right now!
Degree or no degree. We welcome anyone who has the chops or grit for challenging work at a fast-paced company.